Section Test W
Chapter: Matter and Change
PART I In the space offered, write the page of the term or term that best completes every statement or perhaps best answers each issue.
______ 1 ) Chemistry is known as a natural technology that works with the study of a. living things and the life processes.
b. the physical popular features of Earth.
c. the composition, structure, homes, and adjustments of subject. d. the composition, action, and comparative positions of stars and planets. ______ 2 . The branch of chemistry in which the arrangement of supplies are recognized is known as
m. organic biochemistry and biology.
c. physical chemistry.
m. analytical biochemistry.
______ a few. Which of the is among the an extensive house? a. mass
d. boiling point
______ 4. Which of these is usually an example of a component?
b. garden soil
______ five. Which of those is one of a heterogeneous mixture? a. salt
______ 6. Which process is known as a chemical modify?
a. warming to boiling
b. dissolving in alcohol
c. burning in air
m. slicing into two parts
______ 7. At sea level, drinking water boils at 100В°C. This can be an example of a(n) a. chemical substance property.
c. physical real estate.
b. comprehensive property.
g. chemical change.
______ almost eight. Every natural chemical chemical substance consists of two or more elements that the. are combined chemically.
n. can be separated by a physical change.
c. cannot be segregated.
d. will be combined in just about any proportion.
Copyright В© by Holt, Rinehart and Winston. All rights reserved.
Part Test W, continued
Write down thier correct term (or terms) in the space provided.
being unfaithful. The two real estate that all subject has in accordance are
15. In the routine table, factors in the straight columns jointly form a(n)
11. A mix that has a similar proportion of components during is
12. The substances that are formed by a chemical transform are called the
are elements that are great conductors of electricity.
14. The state of subject in which a materials has a certain volume and a definite
form is the
15. Elements happen to be arranged inside the periodic desk according for their
16. The smallest unit of the element which includes the real estate of that element is a(n)
17. Once atoms of two or more elements are chemically bonded, the substance
produced is a(n)
18. In the event that testing displays an element can be described as poor director of electrical energy, it is almost certainly
nineteen. A blend of two or more kinds of matter, each which retains its identity
and properties, is usually a(n)
20. If a material is tested and every sample has the identical properties and
the same formula, it is a(n)
research is carried out in the interest of increasing understanding.
is a feature that has several characteristics of metals
and a few characteristics of nonmetals.
Copyright В© by Holt, Rinehart and Winston. All legal rights reserved.
Modern day Chemistry
Phase Test N, continued
COMPONENT III For every of the following chemical reactions, identify the reactants and the items.
23. carbon dioxide П© o2 в†’ carbon
24. mercury(II) oxide в†’ mercury П© oxygen
PART IV On the line to the left of each symbol, write down thier letter from the correct aspect name.
______ 27. Company
h. precious metal
i. copper mineral
PART V Classify each one of the following since either a physical change or possibly a chemical alter.
burning an ice cube